Friday, November 29, 2013

Sorting

Selection Sort:
I think selection sort is the most intuitive of the sorting algorithms, there's something natural that makes sense with this one that I don't immediately find in the other sorting Algorithms. I think if before I encountered this if someone were to ask me how I'd sort a list it'd be something similar to this. I can see why it's not the most efficient but its intuitiveness is nice.

Quick Sort:
Is definitely an application that someone who naturally thinks recursively would come up with. I've seen this sorting algorithm before this class on a Youtube channel I'm quite fond of called Computerphile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgBjXUE_Nwc
This is the episode where they explore a few sorting algorithms.

Merge Sort:
Again I'm always surprised about how other people think through problems, I'm sure it's just because our knowledge bases are different. I imagine that once my knowledge base grows with time the things I'll be able to think of will be equally impressive to someone currently in my position now.

No comments:

Post a Comment